Last Updated : 12/15/2019
Thank you for using Memorial Funding
- Personal and other information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we may share your information with third parties
- Your choices regarding the personal information we collect about you
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE , SERVICES, AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
- Collection of Your Personal and Other Information
When you use our Services, we collect Personal Information. By “Personal Information” or “PII” we mean information that can identify an individual and lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities while using our service, submitting content, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as:
- Personal addresses
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Social Security numbers
- Date of Birth
- Address Information
- Employer Name
As part of our service we may also receive information from the Partners we connect you with including, but not limited to status of product acceptance and funding and Loan terms offered and obtained (such as APR, repayment amount, loan amount). As part of our service we may also receive information from Transunion when we perform a soft credit check including but not limited to your credit score and profile.
You may always choose not to provide Personal Information, but this may prevent you from receiving certain Services.
We also collect Non-Personal Information, that is, information that does not personally identify an individual (“Non-Personal Information”). The Non-Personal Information we collect includes how you interact with the Services, information generally collected or “logged” by Internet websites or Internet services when accessed or used by users, and information about your web browser or device accessing or using the Services.
Examples of the Non-Personal Information we collect are:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address,
- Information about your operating system and browser, such as its maker or version
- The pages of our website that you viewed during a visit
- What information, content or advertisements you view, hover over or click on
- The referring web page
- Language preferences
- The city and state in which you are located (but not your precise geographic location), and
- Unique Identifiers, meaning arbitrary codes or series of characters we create to identify unique users without Personal Information.
- Information regarding user behavior gathered by third party tools such as Google Analytics or Hotjar in order to provide a better user experience
- Use of Your Information
We use Personal Information:
- When you request to connect you with Partners who will provide you with information about products and services.
- When you’ve submitted Personal Information to us that includes your telephone number and agree to our E-Consent Agreement (which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “inquiry” to us and our Partners), this information is used to contact you or allow our Partners to contact you via telephone for a limited period. By submitting an inquiry and accepting the E-Consent Agreement, you provide your express written consent to receive phone calls whether or not you are on the Do Not Call list (federal or state). Your Personal Information is used by us and each Partner you have been matched with (i) to contact you by telephone at the numbers you have provided (including through auto-dialed, pre-recorded, artificial voice, and/or text messages) so we or they may assist you with your transaction, (ii) to contact you by email at any email address you provide. By accepting the E-Consent Agreement, you agree that we have obtained your consent to receive a prerecorded message sales call in a manner permitted by the Electronic Signatures In Global and National Commerce Act (E-SIGN Act).
- When you opt in to receiving email, SMS or other marketing communications from Memorial Funding, and its trusted partners.
- With your consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also use the information you provide to lending partners in our database depending on the information provided, who will first use a soft credit check(s) to assess your eligibility for a personal loan.
We may also use your Personal Information to:
- Generate genericized statistics for our own internal purposes, including market and product analysis.
- Perform internal data validation, enhancement, suppression, and tracing.
- Respond to your customer care inquiries.
- Send you important information regarding the Services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Personalize your experience by presenting advertising, products, and offers tailored to you.
- Assist us in providing the Services.
- Improve online operations.
- Process transactions
- Provide customer service.
- Provide you with RSS feeds and/or other communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive.
- Send or display offers and other content that is customized to your interests or preferences.
- Send account- or transaction-related communications, such as welcome letters or notifications.
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products and services.
- Manage our systems.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties except as described below.
We will disclose Personal Information to provide the Services, which will be apparent when you use or access Memorial Funding.us or when you authorize or instruct us to do so, as described below. We may also disclose Personal Information to our Partners including but not limited to affiliated companies, agents, contractors, service providers or others engaged to perform functions on our behalf (such as processing of payments, provision of data storage, hosting of our website, marketing of our products and services, conducting audits, and performing web analytics).
Your Personal Information may also be disclosed:
- If you request information from third parties so that they can provide you with information about their products and services. For example, when you request more information about a loan, the Personal Information you provide about yourself is shared with relevant third parties and Partners necessary to fulfill your request. We may share this information with Partners as well as, in some cases, with third party finder and lead aggregator companies who will pass along your information to help fulfill your request. By submitting your Personal Information for an inquiry, you are authorizing the sharing of your inquiry and your Personal Information with other businesses who provide, market, or find loan products or services that match your inquiry. Partners and other companies who subscribe to our services compete for the opportunity to provide loans and services that match your inquiry. By submitting your information to us and accepting the E-Consent Agreement, you are also authorizing these businesses to contact you directly by email, telephone (including auto-dials and prerecorded or artificial voice calls,) and text message with information about financial products or services they offer that match your inquiry.
- If you choose to send messages through Memorial Funding.us, to identify you as the sender to the recipient indicated by you.
- By you, if you have provided a testimonial about Memorial Funding.us and given us permission to post that testimonial on our site.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Information) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company relating to Memorial Funding.us, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation or receivership of our business. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Lastly, we may also disclose Non-Personal Information, anonymously aggregated with information about our other users, to our clients, business partners, merchants, advertisers, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
- Cookies and Automatic Information Gathering Technologies; Interest-Based Advertising
Every time you access our Services, or one of its web pages, we collect Non-Personal Information (discussed above in Section 2). These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. To assist the Services in collecting and storing Non-Personal Information, we may employ a variety of technologies, including “Cookies,” local browser storage and “Web Beacons.” A “Cookie” is a small amount of data a website may store in your web browser that it can access when you visit it. A cookie also refers to web-browser-based storage provided by Adobe’s Flash plugin (a “Flash Cookie”). Cookies may contain user preferences, unique identifiers and other Non-Personal Information. A “Web Beacon” is a small, usually-transparent image placed on a web page that allows us or our partners to collect non-Personal Information.
To manage your cookie preferences please click the “cookie preference” button below
We also work with service providers and third-party advertising networks who help us collect Non-Personal Information through cookies in order to deliver Interest-Based Advertising (IBA) to our users. IBA ads are tailored specifically to your likes, based on general categories in which you’ve shown an interest. You are often able to learn more about IBA and opt out of receiving these types of ads within the ads themselves when you see them. For more information on how you can opt-out of IBA, please see the “Transparency and Choice” section below.
- Transparency and Choice
When you use our Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request, in either case if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by emailing us at info@Memorial Funding.org, and requesting that we suppress all of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please note that if you opt out of such sharing, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related communications from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related emails. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please e-mail us at info@Memorial Funding.org with any questions, if you need assistance accessing or changing your Personal Information, or if you would like to have your Personal Information deleted. Please be aware that if you delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use Memorial Funding.us or the Services. Also, even if you request that we delete your Personal Information, we may need to retain certain information for a limited period of time to satisfy our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements.
As mentioned above, your Non-Personal Information may be collected by or shared with third parties for purposes of IBA. You are often able to opt out of receiving IBA ads within the ads themselves when you see them. Additionally, you can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third-party advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)’s Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI site and the DAA site. Please note that if you delete your cookies or use a different browser, a different computer, or other device, you will need to opt out of IBA ads again.
At this time, Memorial Funding.us does not respond to “do not track” signals that may be sent from your browser.
You can opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mails. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for your opt-out request to be processed. Also, even if you opt out of marketing e-mails, we may continue to send you certain account-related e-mails, such as notices about your account and confirmations of transactions you have requested. If you are receiving SMS messages from us, you may opt out from further SMS messages and remove your SMS information from our database by responding “STOP” to the SMS text message you have received.
Our Website is not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 18 years of age. We do not authorize users under 18 years of age to use the Services of Memorial Funding.us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete that data from our systems. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com
- Information Security
We utilize reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. For example, we utilize Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology when sensitive data is transmitted over the Internet and use firewalls to help prevent external access into our network. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
We restrict access to Personal Information to our employees, contractors, service providers and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to info@Memorial Funding.org or write to us at: Memorial Funding Inc, 8910 University Center Lane, Suite 400, San Diego, California 92122 United States. California Customers may also request further information about our compliance with California’s privacy law by e-mailing info@Memorial Funding.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this address.
- Third Party Websites.
- Changes to this Policy
Memorial Funding P.O. Box 7263 Berlin, CT 06037 United States